Sunday 27 July 2008

Sealed With a Kiss - Collection (MP3)

"Sealed with a Kiss" is the title of a song written by Peter Udell and Gary Geld. It was first recorded in 1960 by The Four Voices. While their version was released as a single, it failed to make a significant impact. In 1962, Brian Hyland, a frequent recorder of Udell's and Geld's material, released the song as a single. It became very popular, charting as high as # 3 on both the Billboard Hot 100 and the UK Singles Chart. It charted in the UK at # 7 when re-released in 1975.
The song became a hit again in 1968 when Gary Lewis and the Playboys released it as a single. This version also had a high placing on the Hot 100.
A third Top 40 Hot 100 version came in 1972, when Bobby Vinton released his version as a single. This version also placed high on Billboard's adult contemporary chart.
In 1989, Jason Donovan topped the UK Singles Chart for two weeks with his version, which featured on his debut album Ten Good Reasons. Donovan's version was a departure from the aforementioned three in that it featured elements of dance music.



01.Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss (2:40)
02.The Lettermen - Sealed With A Kiss (2:14)
03.Ricky Valence - Sealed With A Kiss (2:40)
04.Santo & Johnny - Sealed With a Kiss (2:34)
05.Gary Lewis & The Playboys - Sealed With A Kiss (2:27)
06.Bobby Vinton - Sealed With A Kiss (2:50)
07.Les Jaguars - Sealed With A Kiss (2:21)
08.Glitter Band - Sealed With A Kiss (3:14)
09.Demetrius - Selado Com Um Beijo (Sealed With A Kiss) (2:33)
10.Jason Donovan - Sealed With A Kiss (2:35)
11.The Shadows - Sealed With A Kiss (2:33)
12.Fatima Marques - Quatro Semanas De Amor (Sealed With A Kiss) (2:38)
13.Agnetha Faltskog - Sealed With A Kiss (2:34)
14.Peter Kraus - Sealed With A Kiss (3:00)
15.Laurent Voulzy - Derniers Baisers (Sealed With A Kiss) (3:04)
---
Total (39:57)

DL(RS) / parole: nigrozinn


"Sealed With a Kiss"

So we gotta say goodbye for the summer
baby I promise you this
I'll send you all my love
every day in a letter
Sealed with a kiss

Yes it's gonna be a cold, lonely summer
but I feel the emptyness
I'll send you all my dreams
every day in a letter
sealed with a kiss

I'll see you in the sunlight
I'll hear your voice everywhere
I'll run to tenderly hold you
but baby you won't be there

I don't wanna say goodbye for the summer
knowing the loneliness
so let us take a pledge to meet in September
and seal it with a kiss

Yes it's gonna be a cold lonely summer
but I feel the emptyness
I'll send you all my love
every day in a letter

Sealed with a kiss...



No comments: